WHY GO GREEN
- The Population of our cities is projected to double in next 20 years. The challenge is to create & manage buildings and communities which are not only efficient in environmental terms but also promote a high quality of life.
- Going “Green” is the “right thing”
- reduce carbon consumption,
- energy independence,
- encourage community,
- preserve natural systems
- Green Buildings & Projects are High-performance buildings or structure whose construction & Life time of Operations assures the healthiest possible Environment by reducing its environmental footprint through sustainable selections and conservation of energy and resources, while improving the health and productivity of its occupants.
SUSTAINABLE ARCHITECTURE – CONCEPT
- TO DO MORE WITH LESS
- Economics is as much as an important drive for sustainability along with environment , Technology & Social Culture
- However, developers face a major challenge in the development of green buildings as in some cases this increases construction costs. Developers find it difficult to opt for green buildings due to price constraints difficulty in sourcing green building materials, technologies and service providers or facilitators in India.
- Any turbulence in the real estate industry will directly affect developers’ propensity to invest in additional cost centres such as a premium on green buildings.
- Association of government Initiatives and acceptance of green building guidelines by consumers is not to its true potential as is in many western countries.
- The tangible benefits of Green building are not immediately visible, though the lifetime payback is much higher as compared to conventional buildings. Due to Lack of awareness of future benefits, consumers or buyers are not associating themselves with the movement.
- The green building is not a bolt on conventional building but is instead an integrated discipline of design that requires a different way of thinking.
- Building a green Building is more than a matter of assembling a collection of latest green technologies or material. It is a process in which the elements of design are first optimized and then integrated as part of whole building solution.
- By blending the right mix of green technologies that cost less with green materials it is possible to have a project not much expensive than the conventional ones.
- More emphasis on adopting the right building science and less dependence on high-cost building technologies A better scientific understanding of the way buildings work and avoiding high technological sophistication.
Green Building vs. Conventional Building
- Newer Materials & Technologies with Less of a Track Record.
- Enhanced Operations Procedures During Construction.
- Activity Pollution Control
-Construction Waste Management Plan
-- Diversion of Waste from Landfill
-- Recycling and/or Salvaging On-Site
- Re-Use of Materials
-Indoor Air Quality Management Plan
- The overall benefits of green buildings mostly depend on the extent to which the sustainable features are addressed during the initial planning and design. A green building is most likely to succeed in its objective if sustainable features are envisioned and incorporated right at the design stage. The design has to take into consideration the entire supply chain—from material sourcing, energy modelling, resource reuse, civic amenities and waste disposal to tenant education.
- Green makes business sense
- Increased flexibility to allow for longer building and useful life and reuse of materials
- Improved building performance
- Increased revenue (higher rents/sales price, improved productivity, fewer/shorter vacancies)
- Strong brand value of the developer
-Cost Savings (First-Cost Savings; Ongoing Operating Expense Reductions)
-Minimize Impact on Environment
- Enhanced Health & Productivity of Occupants
-Community & Social Benefits
- Other Owner Benefits (Lender Incentives, Tax Abatements etc.)
- THE GREEN BUILDING CONCEPT IS HERE TO STAY.
- The Global Industry is moving from building to building approach to Sustainability & towards greener neighbourhood & cities.
- The key challenges for the development of green buildings in India are mostly in the lines of awareness on the benefits of green buildings, materials and technology. To succeed it is important to increase the awareness among general public about the benefits of green projects and the resultant gains to the buyers.
- Like many countries, Green Funds should be introduced to facilitate the involvement of industry in the process of providing green materials and to facilitate green movement in real estate development.
- To succeed Partnership between Industry & Government is essential. New useful legislations & codes like mandatory energy & water usage audits etc. are need of day. Only thru this partnership we will realize the full potential to deliver an economically, environmentally & socially sustainable future.
To know more about Masters PMC, visit - www.masterspmc.com
Contact us - +91 22 64567600